Conservation of Sculpture
We bring the same care and consideration to sculpture that we do to paintings. We treat many types of sculpture including painted wood, stone, metal, plaster, and terracotta. We address conditions like cracks, surface dirt, and areas of loss. While each project is unique, some of our treatments may include:
- Condition reports and photo documentation.
- Cleaning with special attention to preservation of original surfaces.
- Structural repairs using original materials where appropriate.
- Treatment to consolidate damage from pests, fire or water damage, or environment.
- Display bases and mounts where needed.